Please refer to the following link on the eligibility criteria and submission process:
Partners must meet the following qualifications:
- The consortium should include at least two companies that are independent from each other, one company for Singapore and one company from one of the EUREKA member countries participating in the call.
- The project partners must express their will to cooperate on a win-win/fair basis in an R&D project leading to a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative, and there must be a technological risk involved for all involved partners.
- The project must benefit all involved partners.
- The project should have an obvious benefit and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the different countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.) and ideally a clear view of who the customers for commercialisation will be.
- A signed consortium agreement is required upon approval, before the actual start of the project. It ought to include, amongst others, the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements
- The maximum duration of a project may not exceed 36 months.
- No individual organisation, or individual country, can claim more than 70% of the total eligible costs of a joint project.
- Military projects are excluded.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present call in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect in each country, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability. The amount of funding available per project partner is subject to national rules and regulations.
Project partners are strongly advised, prior to submitting the application, to contact their national/regional Authority (see below) in order to check the eligibility of their project.
Partners from other EUREKA countries or countries outside of EUREKA can also participate, but they will not be funded by the participating funding bodies in this call. Subsequently, these partners have to secure their own funding within the deadlines for this call.
There are 4 stages to the submission and assessment process:
Stage 1: EUREKA application
All partners must complete the EUREKA project application form online at eureka.smartsimple.ie. It must be completed online by 17:00pm Central European Summer Time on 15 October 2020. The form must be completed in English.
The project consortium is strongly advised to read the form carefully, follow the guidelines and complete all necessary elements in the form as requested. User guidance for the application tool is available under “Related documents”.
Stage 2: National applications
In parallel to the submission of the EUREKA project application form, all project partners are required to submit a related national funding application, if required, to their respective funding agencies, taking into account all relevant procedures and submission rules. Deadline for submission might differ between the participating funding agencies, see below for detailed information for each funding agency.
Stage 3: International and national evaluation
All applications are assessed against the eligibility criteria of the call before being put forward for the national assessments according to the national evaluation criteria.
Successful projects are put forward for a EUREKA label. After a common list of labelled and non-labelled projects has been agreed, applicants will be informed about the results.
Stage 4: National funding decision
Funding will only be provided to labelled projects that are positively evaluated by all participating funding agencies, taking the common ranking list into account. Funding of project partners is subjected to budgetary availability and national funding conditions stipulated by each funding body.
Applications will be evaluated nationally. The basis for the national evaluation is the general EUREKA eligibility criteria, national eligibility criteria and evaluations, the EUREKA application form and if required a national application form.
A multilateral consensus meeting between all involved national funding bodies (NFBs) will agree which projects to approve based on the assessors’ scores, using the EUREKA Network projects evaluation methodology (see Section 8). After a common list of funded and non-funded projects has been agreed the national funding bodies and EUREKA Association will inform the applicants about the results.
Funding will only be provided to labelled projects that are positively evaluated by all participating funding bodies. Funding of project partners is subjected to budgetary availability and national funding conditions stipulated by each funding body.
Any IPR arising from cooperative project activities under this call shall be regulated in a Consortium Agreement (CA) in accordance with the relevant laws of the countries participating in the project.
A signed CA on the execution and commercialisation of the projects results is mandatory for selected projects and must be send to the relevant national funding agencies no later than 6 months after the results of the evaluation have been communicated. The project start can in any case not be prior to the approval of the signed CA.
The funding bodies named below will provide access to public investment for the selected projects. The support will be given to each partner by its respective funding body in accordance with their national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect, on a non-exchange of funds or soft loan basis, and subject to budgetary availability for each funding body.
Eligibility Criteria For Each Participating Country
Please visit the EUREKA GlobalStars-Singapore call website for details.
Companies are strongly advised, prior to submitting the application, to contact their national/ regional authority to check the eligibility of your joint project.
For Singapore companies, please contact Enterprise Singapore, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.